'
nav-left cat-right
cat-right

Warm banana chocolate dessert |

chocolate-banana-dessertThere seems to be a glut of bananas on the market at the moment. PicknPay were all but giving them away last week and here is a really delicious warm dessert for those bananas that are getting over ripe. Also remember that if you peel and slice bananas you can freeze them and then pop them frozen into a blender for an ice cream type treat.

What you need

120ml soft butter (100 grams)
175ml white sugar
175ml brown sugar
1 egg beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
250ml mashed bananas
400ml flour (1 and 3/4 cups)
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch salt
1 cup chocolate chips

The process

Add the softened butter and both sugars to a bowl and mix together very well then add the vanilla essence and egg and beat well with electric beater.

Sift in the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt and mix until combines.

Add the banana and chocolate chips and mix gently with a metal spoon to evenly distribute the banana and chocolate chips, you dont want to mix it, just distribute it.

You have quite a large amount of mixture so place it in a large baking dish or roasting pan and bake at 180 Celsius for about 20 minutes. Check on it after 10 minutes and if the sides seem to be cooking too fast, turn the oven down to 160.

Allow it to cool slightly and dig in. It’s simple and very tasty.

Bad breath getting you down? There is a solution! >>

26 Responses to “Warm banana chocolate dessert”

1. Janine says:

Hi Graham,

could you help with the mls for butter? how much would it be in cups or grams?
    please

2. lucelle says:

Was contemplating making a banana loaf but when I saw this recipe I just had 2 try it. I added pecan nuts 2 it as well and served with custard or fresh cream……absolutely divine….definitely 1 to be put in2 my personal recipe book. Tx graham 4 all da wonderful recipes, plz keep them coming. Lucelle

3. Muneera says:

Hi. Can I use chopped chocolate instead of choc chips?

4. Muneera says:

Hi Graham. It looks divine!! i don’t have any chocolate chips. Can I use chopped up chocolate?

5. Barbara says:

G,

This is DIVINE DIVINE. Thanks for the hint on freezing the bananas there is an oversupply everywhere at the moment. I will do this for breakfast smoothies.

• Graham says:

Hi Barbara, there do seem to be a glut of bananas on the market… make hay while the sun shines I say.. Have a fabulous day G

6. Amanda says:

oh my good grief this looks absolutely delectable! was just thinking of trying to find something to do with our fast ripening bananas. think i’m going to get my 4yr old son to help me with this when he wakes from his nap. can’t wait!

7. Graham says:

Oh my goodness, a feast after the fast, she will really love it so be prepared to make it again. Cheers and thanks for visiting
    G

• Zelda says:

Loved this pud – just battled with the measurements a bit – cups are so much easier! Nudge nudge wink wink Made it for friends last night and was a hit – had to cook it a bit longer than stated, but turned out great.

8. Saadieka says:

To the fasting person this looks like an oasis in a desert:) Going to try it this evening I think my daughter will think it’s her b/day. lol

9. Graham says:

I’m real glad you enjoyed, it’s just so morish it doesnt last very long..

10. shireen says:

THANK YOU …I TRIED THIS ONE TODAY ,THIS IS SUCH A FANTASTIC RECIPE.
    A DEFFINATE YES -FOR KEEPING IT CLOSE BY.